How To Make A Dry Martini
The martini is arguably *THE* classic cocktail. If you ask an uninitiated cocktail enthusiast to visualize a cocktail, they probably see this:
A classic martini, with an olive, in a “martini glass” (this is actually called a “cocktail glass”).
The great thing about martini’s is that they’re incredibly easy, classy, and pack a boozy punch.
- 2 1/2 oz dry gin (such as Beefeater)
- 1/2 oz dry vermouth (such as Martini & Rossi)
- 1 olive
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
Glass type: Cocktail glass
- Pour gin and vermouth into a mixing glass with ice cubes
- Add 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
- Stir for 80 seconds
- Strain into a cocktail glass
- Serve with an olive